OR DIAMONDTM takes pride in delivering world-class service to all of our customers. Read what some of our satisfied clients have said about us.
Read more reviews on Yelp!
- C. C. - Los Gatos, CA
- "My quest for a jeweler began when I decided to order a ring from Blue Nile that did not include the center stone. I wanted to find a jeweler that has a great reputation, won't commit highway robbery, and has a bench jeweler / goldsmith on site. I didn't want to wait days or weeks to have the job done, but I wanted the final product to be perfect, of course! I ended up on Yelp searching through comments, and decided to try Or Diamond in San Jose. When I arrived with my family, we were greeted warmly by Sovann, the owner, and all attention was on us. Sovann's many years of experience and professionalism put me at ease. He wasn't a slimy smooth-talker, he was real. His attitude was incredibly positive and helpful, and it was obvious that keeping his customers happy is very important to him. We had walked in with our young children and were presented with bottled water and balloons for the kids. After Sovann examined my jewelry, he was very honest about what was best for me and my rings. He said he would be able to size my new ring down from an 8 to a 6 (he would have certainly made money doing so), but instead he said that it would probably be safest to return the ring for a 6 since they can come directly from the manufacturer in that exact size (the manufacturer offered 4, 6, and 8). He could have charged me to size it and then tighten and fix all of the loose stones, but I respected and appreciated his advice. I chose to return the ring for the correct size so I was still protected by the manufacturer guarantee. Sovann gave me a tour of his shop and explained all of his machinery and the history of his experience in the US and Cambodia. I felt very at ease. Four days later, my size 6 ring arrived in the mail. My fiancé marched right back to Or Diamond to see Sovann. My fiancé was on a tight schedule that day, and I work in Palo Alto, so there was no way we could pick up the ring, with the center stone attached, by 6pm (yes, he did everything on the same day for us). I couldn't believe my fiancé had the nerve to ask Sovann if he could deliver the ring to Campbell after he closed up the shop at 6pm (gas money offered). Shockingly, he agreed to deliver the ring! I couldn't believe it. Within hours of receiving my dream ring in the mail, I had a beautifully set engagement ring. Sovann's work is absolutely beautiful. I was afraid that there might be jagged marks, or that something wouldn't look right. The stone was set perfectly, the platinum is shiny shiny shiny and smooth, everything is symmetrical, and it is soooo sparkly!! My fiancé and I couldn't be happier. Sovann has us as customers for life. Thank you, Sovann!"
E. C. - Santa Clara, CA
- "An excellent experience! I broke a very delicate gold chain and needed to get it repaired. Or diamond repaired the chain in about 3 minutes and charged me a reasonable price plus the owner was very friendly and helpful. They also have a lovely selection of diamond jewelry! A+++"
C. G. - Palo Alto, CA
- "Not only did they repair my broken jewelry quickly and at a fair price, they greeted me (and two young children) with a smile and handed us all a water. Talk about great service! To top it all off, Sovann cleaned and buffed my wedding band and engagement ring at no cost - they haven't sparkled like this since the day I got married! Would HIGHLY recommend!"
B. B. - San Jose, CA
C. N. - San Jose, CA
- "If you are looking to have a custom ring (or jewelery) made, this place is awesome. I designed a unique engagement ring and needed it done before a trip - within 2 weeks. In addition, I had some precious metal that I wanted to use to make the ring. I shopped around many jewelery stores to see if they could 1) make the unique design; 2) melt or buy my metal; 3) do it fast (and well). Most stores I went to (top rated ones in San Jose) quoted me arm-and-leg for making a custom ring, would try to rip me off by buying my metal at a fraction of actual value, or tell me it would take weeks to make the ring and fit the diamond. When it came to making the ring or melting/selling my metal, almost all would tell me they had to "send it out" to their goldsmith...meaning they weren't even able to tell me if they could make the ring, until they send it out to get looked at by a goldsmith.Sovann, the owner of Or Diamond, is a goldsmith...the equipment is there in his shop, and you can tell by his hands that he's been working with metal for a while (being an engineer, this caught my eye). As soon as I met him I felt he was honest and would not try to rip me off (...unlike other small jewelery stores where they frown when I say that I already purchased the diamond and all I need is the ring). His prices were the lowest by far, and he melted and offered about 90% of market value for my metal (the next highest offer was a jeweler in Japan-town who offered me 30%...which I thought was insulting...really, wtf?). Anyway, Sovann told me right off-the-bat where I needed to tweak my ring design, and gave me some good input on how to make it better/stronger. Within 3 days he had a wax model of the ring ready for me to inspect with the stone set in it. I have to admit I was pretty demanding with the details of the ring, and I was nervous having it made on such short notice...but it came out perfect. Two weeks from when I walked into his store, the ring was done! (...that includes the wax model!) He had the best prices, was the most knowledgeable, used my metal, and did excellent work...on time. Awesome."
- "I am Bart B.'s fiance and I LOVE MY RING. I can only speak for the ring on my finger, but Sovann's work is impeccable. After getting back from our engagement trip, we had to get the ring resized and Sovann completed the work very quickly for a minimal fee. I am so happy that he was able to craft Bart's design so quickly and has provided excellent post-engagement support."
V. A. - San Jose, CA
- "I can't tell you how easy it was to do business with this place. The owner was very knowledgeable, easy to work it, pleasant and thorough. Honesty is a hard trait to find in jewelers now a days and I'm glad I have found one I can trust. Yelpers, if you have any questions on jewelry selling or buying this place should be your one and only stop. Thank you!Satisfied customer!!!"
H. J. - San Jose, CA
- "Went here to get my watch battery replaced. This seems like a family run business and everyone there is so friendly. While I was waiting for my watch, they gave me a cold bottle of water which was extremely thoughtful. It cost me $8 to replace the watch battery and it took about 5 minutes. I usually go to the sears watch repair, which can take up to 30 minutes or more. So, I love this place"
M. N. - Morgan Hill, CA
- "I am sooooo late in reviewing this store. My fiance and I followed the advice of our fellow Yelpers and went to this store. Sovann could not have been more helpful and knowledgeable. I know a lot about jewelry and I asked lots and lots of questions. He even showed me how he casts the wax moldings. Amazingly intricate and spot on!. The man is a genius with metal. We needed my engagement ring sized and he quoted $90 and 2-3 days. HOWEVER 3 hours later he called me at work and said he was finished. He knew I was recently engaged and wanted my ring on my finger. So he quickly and perfectly re-sized my ring to perfection. Down to the 1/4 size. I'm not kidding. He is amazing and possibly the nicest business person I have ever dealt with. Now I have a ring I want converted to my wedding band. I sent Sovan pictures of it, he is confident he can remove the prongs and insert more baguettes to my liking. I love this ring. It wasn't cheap and there is no one else I would trust with this gorgeous diamond encrusted fabulous sparkly ring. I will go by there sometime next week to have the work done. He isn't cheap but worth every dollar I paid-the man is an artist."
M. V. - San Jose, CA
- "We purchased a platinum wedding band for my husband. They were able to produce and customize the perfect ring at a reasonable rate (price matched other diamond dealers in the area) and had it ready in 2 days. They are friendly and pleasant to do business with and I will definately be returning in the future for additional services."
L. A. - Sunnyvale, CA
- "We went here to order our wedding banns. Our banns were engraved & I love it! The service is great and the price is reasonable."
E. C. - Louisville, KY
- "I came in the shop with a little baggy of things to fixed and mended. Sovann promised they would be done the next day. However not even 3 hours later i received a call that they were finished. They are very family friendly and didn't mind my 2 children under 3. Not only did mommy leave with her jewelry repaired but the children both had balloons. "
C. N. - San Jose, CA
- "Excellent service and unbearable prices. Went back to Or Diamond and had a pair of custom diamond earrings made to replace the pair I lost."
A. G. - San Jose, CA
- "Sovann, the owner, was absolutely amazing... I came to him with an idea of an engagement ring and he worked with me tirelessly... I must have gone to 4 or 5 different jewelers, tiffany's included, and i did not feel as comfortable and cared about as when I was at Or Diamond...I came in with a million questions and concerns and Sovann answered all of them! He was truly honest with me and didn't just tell me what I wanted to hear... I dont think I could have found a better jeweler!My fiancees friends and family are all overwhelmed at how amazing of a job Sovann did... I am telling all my friends, family, and now all of you, this is the place to get you're jewelry!!!He got himself a lifetime customer, and now friend. Thank You Sovann!!p.s. the ring was gorgeous, three stone diamond, platinum ring with 3 small pave set stones on either side of the 3 main stones... the custom setting made all the difference!!"
T. D. - San Jose, CA
- "Got a nice watch from here very good service really good deal on the watch"
A. B. - San Jose, CA
- "OK everyone!! All jewelery issues solved here at OR Diamonds, by far the best best best place ever, amazing service and very honest and will do whatever it takes to make you happy!! Very highly recommended. Such a sweet and kind man, thank you Mr. Or :)"
A. P. - San Francisco, CA
- "Or Diamond is a jeweler to visit for all your jewelry needs. Whether you need to buy a gift, have a piece of jewelry custom made, repaired, or need a sentimental treasure appraised, Or Diamond will take care of you. The owner Sovann and his lovely family are awesome! They make you feel comfortable and welcome you into their store. There is no pressure to purchase anything there but I guarantee you it would be very difficult to leave without spending money! They have a wonderful selection of jewelry and watches, and if you don't find anything you like, Sovann can create just about any piece of jewelry you can imagine at a very reasonable price... I finally found a trustworthy and creative jeweler! yah!! ;-)"
A. S. - San Jose, CA
- "I have been to Or Diamond twice so far. First time my Mom purchased a pair of earring. The earings look fantastic compare to the ones that we got from other stores. The price was very accpetable. The owner, Mr. Or Sovann and his family are so friendly and treated us with professional manner. No hassle at all. The second time I was at Or Diamond, Mr. Sovann helped me to set a dimond on a ring.Believe it or not? The ring was outstanding. The setting looked awesome. The store environment was clean, safe and relaxed. I highly recommend this place to anybody who wants to get great customer service and best quality jewellery."
S. M. - San Jose, CA
- "I was delighted with the service and follow-up I received. My jewelry repairs were great."
T. N. - San Jose, CA
- "The owner of this business is extremely helpful with repairs. He's reliable, timely, affordable and most importantly friendly. He will make you feel like your business is important to him. I brought a few ring repair jobs to him. My own engagement and wedding bands. I needed to replace a small diamond on my eternity wedding band and repair the prongs on my engagement band. Both look like new. The other job was to re-size an antique wedding set, which was also done perfectly.His prices were very fair, and were significantly less than what was quoted at one of the mall jewelers. All 4 rings were completed within about 2 days.Do yourself and your jewelry a favor by visiting this business first for your repair needs.There were also some beautiful rings and other jewelry in the cases, and a sign out front saying they create custom rings."
L. K. - San Jose, CA
- "Mr. Sovann Or provides the highest caliber of workmenship in his craft. I have full confidence in his work. All the pieces he created or fixed, I am 100% satisfied."
M. Y. Milpitas, CA
- "It's the most beautiful ring and diamond in the bay area. Or Diamond is definitely the place to buy my next gift! These guys are great. They treat you fairly and provide high quality work for decent prices. Or Diamond is a great place that I would absolutely recommend to anyone planning to buy jewelry and diamond."
J. P. and D. P - San Jose, CA
- "Thank you for all of your help Sovann. You did a very nice job cleaning, sizing, and fixing my jewelry. We will definitely be back and refer you to our friends and family!"
T. V. - San Jose, CA
- "I'm very pleased with the help to fix my watch. I went to various locations to fix my watch and no other place could fix it for me. I'm a very satisfying customer! Thank You."
V. M. - San Jose, CA
- "Wonderful, friendly service, and beautiful work. We will definitely refer our friends and family members to you, and we will be back ourselves too. Thanks so much!"
W. X. - Fremont, CA
- "My girlfriend really like the watch. Thank for the good service! I will definitely come back again."
V. V. - San Jose, CA
- "The sale person is very nice, friendly, and helpful. Excellent Services. The important is that the price is lower than my expectation. The store is very nice and clean."
S. L. - San Jose, CA
- "My mother very like the earring. Thanks for the good service and high quality product. We will recommend you to our friends and family."
M. L. - Santa Clara, CA
- "I like the watch a lot. It looks very nice, and I got a very good deal too. The sale person is very friendly and response to my need. I will recommend my friend to buy in this store."
P. P. - San Jose, CA
- "The service was very friendly and prompt. The purchase I made was very satisfying. I would recommend this store to my friends.
K. R. - San Jose, CA
- "I love this place!"
J. P. - San Jose, CA
S. M. - San Jose, CA
- "Service, follow-up and workmanship were wonderful, I really appreciate the follow through on my watch clasp repair. Thank you."
K. & D. C. - San Jose, CA
- "We really appreciate your thoroughness in our appraisals. We will have a couple more to bring to you soon. We also thought your quickness in attaining the locket and engraving it was excellent. We can see that customer service is number 1 to you and that will bring us back and refer your store to others. Thank you!"
S. S. - San Jose, CA
- "I LOVE SOVANN!!!!!!!!!!! The owner is so great:) This a very nice family owned Jewelry Store. One of the very few truly family feel stores left out there. The service is great. They do anything to make you happy. They really want to please and help you in any way possible. When you go in the store you think hhmm.. regular jewelry store very clean and organized. You see some nice jewelry. But let me tell you this guy (Sovann) can make some stellar hand made pieces of jewelry. Especially if your wanting that really unique engagement ring. You come in with just a starting point of an idea and he can take it to the next level. I actually worked with him for many years and he has made many, many pieces of jewelry for me. Things that I love is that he listens to what you want. I show him a picture and I point out what i need changed. he takes my design concept and makes it better. He reads my mind and does pretty much what I have cooking up in my head:) You give him you budget and give him a idea and he just runs with it. He carves the designs from a solid piece of wax. It is like getting your own little piece of art. So much better then the mass manufactured jewelry that you would get at Macy's. He is worth every penny that you pay. You know you have a friend and a jeweler forever."
A. Y. - Santa Clara, CA
- "Thank you, fellow Yelpers, for the referral. Or Diamond was an excellent choice for repairs to my wife's engagement ring. Not only was Sovann able to do the work quickly, the craftsmanship was excellent! The final cost was very reasonable considering the great work they performed. I look forward to returning for further repairs, or to hopefully buy some of the beautiful jewelry they have on display!"
T. N. - San Jose, CA
- "Absolutely wonderful experience. The owner is very helpful. The repairs were done as expected and in a timely manner. The price was also very competitive. Thank you!"